Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My Special Day



Yesterday I celebrated my birthday! It was a memorable and happy day for me. Here are a few highlights from my special day.

For my birthday outfit I chose to wear this white lace crochet cardigan. My mom purchased it for me from a thrift store a couple of years ago. It was in perfect condition and only cost five dollars. 
  
I don't wear it often as it's one of the most dressy items in my closet, a special occasion kind of thing. But on my birthday, I paired it with jeans as I wanted my outfit to be special, yet comfortable and not too formal. 

My bright lime green shoes (which somehow look yellow in these photos) and a bag with the same lime green accents added a splash of spring color to my outfit. 





This year I decided to bake my own birthday cake. I noticed that lately the bakery cakes taste way too sweet for me, and I usually avoid sweet treats altogether. 

For my special day, I wanted a cake entirely to my liking. I cut the sugar in the original recipe in half. But I compensated for the sweet taste with lots of raspberries and blueberries. 
Everyone in my family liked the cake. Even my dad, who doesn't give out praise easily, complemented my baking. 

I snapped this photo with my phone, so it's not of a good quality. I forgot to take a better picture later one.


I received lots of warm wishes and wonderful presents on my special day. I got fresh cut flowers, potted tulips, which I'm going to replant in my garden, a gorgeous orchid (I hope I'll be able to take a good care of it), a lovely bonsai lemon cypress tree, which smells incredible, and a beautiful hand-crafted tissue box cover.  


My dear friend Valentina decoupaged it for me. Such a beautiful and delicate work. 


It had been a wonderful birthday! 
My family and friends made me feel truly special. 

32 comments:

  1. May the LORD bless you throughout the year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day too late, but happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Happy Birthday Olga! I love that outfit and flowers. It sounds like you had a great day. Enjoy your birthday week. :)
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you had a wonderful day. I pray that you will have a blessed year to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes Olga. Your outfit was lovely and it looks like you really enjoyed your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely day you had Olga! Happy Birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday Olga, I love your page and postings, Have a blessed year ahead !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrey. And I'm glad to know you like my blog :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Olga !!!! See you had a wonderful day !!!
    You are very "chic" with your new outfit !
    Big HUG !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Olga! That top looks great on you!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes and compliments :)

      Delete
  10. Wszystkiego najlepszego z okazji urodzin. Piękne prezenty i tort, oczywiście

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, dear Olga!! Wishing you a fantastic year ahead. The crochet top looks lovely on you. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sangeetha, thank you for stopping by and birthday wishes.

      Delete
  12. belated happy birthday. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Olga, you look fantastic in that ourfit. Have a wonderful year,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday Olga!!! I miss you :-)
    hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated Happy Birthday Olga,myour outfit is lovely the top is beautiful and your cake looks yummy. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belated wishes Olga..... lovely top... i love all your gifts.... especially ur cake... I wish you a wonderful life ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had a great birthday & the lace cardigan is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete